Monday, October 27, 2008

Seriously?

So last Thursday night, the night before my Dr's appointment mind you, I was heading to bed. I rounded the corner from our bathroom into our bedroom and Craig had just turned the lights out. My eyes had not adjusted yet so I could see nothing...most pointedly the suitcase still laying on our floor. Before I knew what had happened, I was flying onto the floor and of ALL places, landing ON MY HURT FOOT!!! Not anywhere else...my knees, hands, other foot ...leg...oh no, the left broken foot. Seriously?!? I just lay there for the longest time in disbelief. I sometime truly think I am jinxed!

The next day at the appointment I told the Dr. what had happened the night before. He had been ready to just have the assistants put light bandaging on my foot after he looked at it...I was so happy to be getting the cast off and to have only two weeks left!! Then he looks at the x-rays. Dislocated. Again. "Thankfully," he tells me, "I put two screws in there so I don't have to go back in". Holy crap!!! I must have looked like a deer caught in the headlights. He wanted to know what a suitcase was doing in the middle of the floor...sheesh...it was obviously not put away yet! He then said he was going to have a full hard cast put on and I begged him not to. Going from the expectation of having less on my foot to more was completely unbearable. Thankfully he allowed the soft cast. And I now have at least another 4 weeks completely off the foot...and that's after already being off it for FIVE!! When the nurses came back in to package my foot back up, they knew I was super upset and felt really bad. I was at the point where I couldn't talk because then I would bawl...not a fun place to be. And as for the look of my foot...horrible. Peeling, red, purple and yellow, raw in spots and just plain awful looking.

Please pray that no further injuries occur. I have been so crazy careful and I can't believe that from just a few seconds I set myself back so far. I need my foot back. I need to be able to resume all of my responsibilities and all of the extra Christmas ones that are coming my way. And, man, I just need a break! (NO pun intended!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is awful! are you able to find any humor in this at all? i hope so. be careful!!

Traci said...

OH My gosh! Geesh! That's just horrible. That just sucks.