Thursday, October 23, 2008

Little Illustrator

When we moved into this house, the boys received our old dinner table as a craft table. They now have a space completely devoted to creativity. As a result, we have seen their drawing abilities and love for art dramatically increase over the past year. Just these past few weeks or so, Zachary has become obsessed with "making books". We thought he would have fun making the first and that would be it, but they just keep on coming! I have never seen him do something with such fervor! Now when it's quiet, I know I'll find him at the table, creating a new book. At least once a day now he comes running, "Mommy I'm done! Can you please staple my book??" He started off making a book for each member of the family. Then he started giving them themes, such as Dinosaurs or Sonic characters. It is so sweet to see how proud he is of his books and to hear him "read" them to us. He is quite a good storyteller and is very entertaining!

Thought you might enjoy some of his art work. Let him know you stopped by to take a look!





Wall-E


Sonic the Hedgehog


Shamu (One of my favorites!)




Holding a book with a Golden Sonic cover.


Taking a break to hug brother!


The illustrator, Zachary James, 4 years old.

4 comments:

natalie said...

shamu is my favorite too.

Anonymous said...

I should have gotten an autograph on those pictures we brought home. You're gonna' be famous some day, Zachary James. Love ya! :)

Craig Shoemaker said...

It is just incredible to see what he come up with. Thanks for posting this :)

Anonymous said...

I like the Shamu book too! Way to go Zachy!