Monday, October 20, 2008

And Life Goes On...

It has been so long since I last wrote. So many times I have thought of things I wanted to Blog about but never had the time. We have been going at full speed the past few weeks (well as fast as you can go on one leg!=0)) I guess I'll start there!

I'm still off of my foot. This Friday I have another Dr's appointment where they will do an x-ray to see the progress. I am really hoping for a glowing report!! It has been over 4 weeks now since I broke it and I am very ready to retire my flamingo status! The stitches came out last Monday which was very painful. I can't believe how tender my foot is! I am so happy to have that part over with! Prayer for the quickest healing would be appreciated!

A few weeks back Susie and Adam came for a visit. I had been looking forward to this visit since we left Colorado last March! Having my friend so far away has been a very hard thing for me to deal with this past year. People in your life come and go but she is one that I thought would always be near. Spending almost everyday together since 8th grade brought us a great, close friendship. So, months apart are not easy on me especially now that she's bringing a baby into the world! They arrived here on October 5th and the next day, we held her shower. I was really worried about pulling everything together with my broken foot but thankfully the shower went very smoothly and there were lot's of friends and family there to celebrate. I being a mother of all boys, was especially elated when they found out she was having a girl! Planning a pink shower was a lot of fun and so was shopping for a girl! I am already bursting in anticipation of baby Bella's birth in February!


That Tuesday night they came to stay with us and were here through Sunday morning. It was a great four days and wish it could have been longer! We hung out, played our favorite game Settler's of Catan while watching movies. We went to the Wild Animal Park which I was once again grateful for a wheelchair! One of the nights my other life-long friend, Melinda, came over and just the 3 of us went out to dinner! It was really nice to sit and chat with my girls and then go home and play our favorite game from childhood, NERTS. We have been playing that together for at least 15 years. So neat to have such history and longevity with friends. On Saturday, we went to the outlets for a bit and helped start Bella's wardrobe! I was super happy sitting amongst all of the sweet baby girl clothes. The clerks kept asking if we wanted a bag but I was perfectly happy to have all of the stuff right on my lap where I could look at it! That night family came over to hang out and say their goodbyes. And then it was on to more Settlers! It was nice to see Susie's growing belly, try and "talk" to Bella and constantly ask, "Is she moving much right now"? I'm sad to miss out on the rest of the pregnancy but I have made her promise to take lot's and lot's of pictures (you hear that Suze??) and we talk everyday about seeing baby Bella when she's born. I think Zachary may almost be as excited as I am!


A few days after they left, we headed out to Vegas. Craig had a convention to speak at that had been planned for months. I figured it would be easier to go with him still then to be alone for 3 days. It was a quick trip, Tuesday thru Thursday. Craig was only gone on Wednesday and the boys and I mostly hung out in the room except for a trip out for lunch. They were really well behaved and it worked out better then I had hoped. Both nights there we watched the Bellagio's Water Show. Both free and very entertaining...a great combination! The set-up inside the Bellagio's Conservatory was the best I had seen yet. It is always beautiful but they really outdid themselves. I always marvel at the beauty of Vegas in the midst of all the ugliness. If I could just take away the smoke, sex and the smoke it would be a truly amazing place!


This past Friday, the night after we got back, it was off to an Amy Grant concert! Something else I have anticipated for months! Amy has been my favorite singer since elementary school so it's always a treat to see her. Especially since she only comes in our area every few years. The concert was held at a Church in Irvine so the "smaller" (still over 3,000 people!) venue was fun too! She had recreated the exact band from over 20 years ago for her Lead Me On Tour. So all the songs she sang were from the 80's but she also stuck some in at the end that had not yet been recorded. "Lead Me On" wasn't one of my favorite albums (now if she did a "Heart in Motion" or "House of Love" tour I wouldn't be able to contain myself!) but it was Amy so it didn't matter! I love hearing her talk, always so funny. Seeing what a great entertainer she is. Hearing her sing and watching her dance. It was a fun night!

The next day was filled with soccer, snacks for both teams and a Halloween party. More fun to be had by all! Hopefully life will now slow down a bit...after Tyler's Dermatology appointment, both older boys dentist appointments...and those are all just today! And life goes on.





A part of the Bellagio Conservatory.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling the love, my friend! :) *Big Hugs* It was so good to spend time with you, Craig and all the boys. I wish we could do it more often, too! I'm glad you enjoyed the concert. You'll have to let me know how your appt goes on Friday. I'll be praying. Love you!

NNA said...

Hi, I found your blog post through a search for “Nerts”. It is cool to see others that know about the game. I hope you don’t mind but I wanted to let you know about playnertz.com, the site for the National Nertz Association. There is a bunch of interesting Nertz information there and you can also find out how to play Nertz online there. I hope you will check it out. Feel free to join and also let your friends and family know. Thanks

Traci said...

LOL about the Nertz Association. I can totally see you playing Nertz online. lol Fun update blog. Great pics.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you played NERTS without me! :0(