Saturday, August 16, 2008

Ten Amazing Years!

Yesterday Craig and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary. Really hard to believe that so much time has already passed. We spent a wonderful day together in San Diego half of which was kept a surprise until it happened.

The day began with a dozen beautiful red roses, powdered donuts and a card. We had a leisurely morning, my mom came to watch the kiddos and we headed out for our day...just the two of us...the way it was 10 years ago. We ate lunch at the Cheese Cake Factory when we first got down there. Then we went and saw "The Dark Knight", which by the way, was an excellent movie! We then drove down to Coronado Island, and to the Hotel Del Coronado. We walked around for a bit and stopped to give one another a gift. Craig had been giving me gifts throughout the day and his goal was a gift for each year of marriage...so sweet! All things that he knows I love. My gift to him was our wedding album. All these years we have just had a proof book, so I secretly had the negatives enlarged and put together an album capturing our special day!
Thankfully he was surprised and we both enjoyed looking through those memories made ten years earlier.It was then time for our dinner at one of the Hotels restaurants 1500 Ocean. Super fancy!

From there came my last surprise. A beautiful hour long Gondola ride at sunset! What a way to end the night!
The weather was perfect, we were able to snuggle up and were even serenaded! I am so thankful for such a wonderful day to be together. I am SUPER thankful for a man that loves me so much and that I adore in return. I am thankful for God's protection on our marriage. That even though we married young, we still have a strong relationship ten years later. I'm thankful for our life together, the beautiful children we have created and for the days and years to come! Thank you Craig for choosing me, for completing me. I love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...I swear I didn't pay her to write such things! :)

I love you Peachy!!! I enjoyed every second of our day. I was so excited to do all of it for you.

I love you forever!

Craig

Anonymous said...

Seriously, ten years. Yay for you guys! I'm glad you had a day away together. Looks like so much fun! I love you both!