Friday, August 22, 2008

The Results Are In!

And overall, they were GOOD!! The Dr. said that the initial biopsy definitely came back positive but the results on the second set of stains came back clear! So what we believe happened, was that during the initial biopsy, everything that had gone bad was actually taken out. I'm telling myself that the surgery was necessary to make sure the margins were absolutely clear because so much was taken out, and there was so much pain, it had better of been for something! The scenario my Dr. came up with is that most likely, the "lesion" had just begun to change and turn into the cancer. When I thought about that for a bit, I realized that God was definitely watching out for me. I had that lesion for over four years! And right about when it started to go bad, I finally felt the "need" to go get it looked at. I do feel very blessed!

Now I have the steri-strips on for about another week or so. Then it will be on to scar treatment and a follow up appointment in 3 months. I am feeling a bit shaken up and am trying to place exactly why since it was overall really good news. I know in part it is because of the high recurrence rate of that type of cancer. And it's in part that I actually HAD cancer inside of me. I know I will be okay, just shaken right now. Shaken, but super grateful to be on the other side of this for now.

Thanks again for those who prayed, emailed, called and showed their support in so many ways. THANK YOU! Knowing that you have so many people there for you, especially in times like these, is truly amazing!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

so glad! God is good.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm so glad that it all came out okay! Of course you are shaken over the whole thing but that's because it is such a shocking ordeal. It's over now and you can get back to the good life that God has given you!

Traci said...

Woho! That's awesome that they got it all. And even better that it was just beginning. It's very natural to be shaken by all of this. It's a lot to go through, I'm sure. Maybe it's just God's way of making you stronger. I'm so glad to hear the good news.

Anonymous said...

Yippee! I am so relieved to hear this latest news! What an amazing "need" you felt! God's timing is never wrong! Praying that you heal quickly and that every last cell is GONE!!! Rejoicing with you for the great news!