Saturday, July 12, 2008

First Time Away.

Craig and I are coming up on our 10 year anniversary. We are both unsure of how that came around so quickly!! To help celebrate the occasion ( a bit early), we thought it time to take a trip sans the kiddos. Now Craig has left the boys before for business trips and such. But the only time I have been away from them is to be having another one of them...and even then I still saw them everyday. Even though I am tired all of the time, it is really hard for me to be apart from them. So all of that to say, this was a really big deal for a lot of reasons!
So this past Wednesday, we met my parents and dropped the boys off with them. We then went to Desert Hot Springs and stayed at a Spa for two nights ( a good test run for me...not too long and not too far away!) Two Bunch Palms Resort and Spa was a great place to be...so quiet I was actually not sure what to do with myself at times!=0) The Spa also had great history. Turns out it was one of Al Capone's getaway spots complete with his actual vault and underground tunnels! We spent a lot of time in the "grotto" area. This was a warm pool surrounded by palm trees, plants and water falls. We saw lot's of wild life including rabbits and road runners. We had meals where we ate in peace and that were not centered around a schedule. We were able to see "Hancock" and just go when the time suited us instead of planning it all out. And we received a couples massage in one of their cabana's. I felt so rested and peaceful just after those two days, I realized how important it is for my sanity and our relationship to get away once in awhile. It was a great trip and I enjoyed my sweeties company! Oh, and I only called to check on the boys about 5 times...not too bad!=0)






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad you two enjoyed yourselves. Sounds very relaxing! And I'm sure the kids had a ton of fun with Grandma and Grandpa. :)

Anonymous said...

Woho! I'm so excited that you two went away together. It sounds like it was a very relaxing trip.