Monday, July 14, 2008

Church Shopping Wrap Up.

I was just going through my Blog and realized I had never updated our Church shopping saga. Thankfully, we have been attending a Church we enjoy for a few months now. It's in Riverside so is a bit of a drive, but the drive has been worth it. We found out about the Church through the web. They were having a family night at a local restaurant so it's funny that we went to that first. Makes a good story when meeting people there! =0)But that actually made it easier when visiting the Church because there were familiar faces and people recognized and came up to us. What we both love about "Sandal's" is there desire to be "real". Their "tag-line" is being real with yourself, others and God. Pastor Matt is younger but longs to be real and get others serious about their faith. I especially have craved that honesty. To not feel like I'm going somewhere I can't truly be myself. Or to not know when the next big Church secret is going to blow up in my face. Not that I won't ever experience that at Sandals, but it brings me comfort to know that part of their main purpose is to "hang it all out there" for lack of better words!

We have jumped right in and are attending a Wednesday night small group. We have really connected with one family that also has 3 small children and are in the same life stage. Right now the Church rents space at a baptist college but they are finally looking for a place of their own. We are looking forward to that as the children's classroom situation is the one major drawback. They are so small, there isn't enough room for the kids to even move around. The thing that worries us is that they will move deeper into Riverside. But, we are thankful to be there now and know that God will move them and us where HE wants. He got us to Sandals in the first place and I have already experienced a lot of growth and healing. I trust in whatever comes next!

1 comment:

natalie said...

so glad that you found something! it encourages me!