Thursday, February 18, 2010

Weight Loss Progress..Half Way There!

So this Monday completed the half way mark in the big competition. That means 6 weeks to go! This last week started to get really hard. I didn't eat more, but I was resenting that I couldn't. I worked out 6 out of 7 days. I don't think I have ever done that in my life. The frustrating thing is that the more I work out, the less I lose. Not exactly what you want to happen. I think I must be gaining muscle because I can feel my clothes getting loser, but the scale is not wanting to budge. I'm struggling to figure out what to do...drop the working out? I guess I will see what continues to happen.

As for weight loss, I did lose 3.8 pounds the past 2 weeks! I wasn't able to weigh-in last week because we were out of town. Craig and I have been talking about how the competition gives you a misconstrued view of losing weight. Normally losing even a pound a week would be amazing. Something isn't right when you are bummed about not losing more then 2! I am happy with how I am doing and proud of myself for sticking with it. I just need that scale to keep moving for me as long as I am doing what I should be! As of this week, I am in 3rd place, and have lost 16.2 pounds in 6 weeks! That is really exciting to me! I am less then a percent away from 2nd and 2% away from first. I just need to keep finding my will to keep fighting forward...for another month and half!

I haven't taken posed pictures to show my progress but I should find one of before I started the competition, and a current one. Two weeks ago I decided to just try my smallest jeans on...and they fit!! I was so excited! They are even starting to get baggy now! Yay! Motivation, motivation, motivation....

3 comments:

Melinda said...

16.2 pounds in 6 weeks is amazing! Great job!!!

Crystal said...

Your accomplishment so far is really amazing...I keep thinking about what you're doing and telling myself I have no excuse not to lose the 10-15 (or more, depending on what I look like at that point!) I really need to. Your willpower and motivation are really awesome!

Traci said...

Woho! Awesome job!