Friday, February 19, 2010

My Valentines...

Well I'm sure I could be doing a million other things but I figured I might as well go for it while I have the peace and quiet.

We had a good Valentines weekend. We kicked it off on Friday with both boys parties. I am thankful that I was able to help out in both classes and be a part of their day. I started in Zachary's first. The kids rotated as usual to different "centers". Counting candy hearts and recording the different colors on a graph, coloring decorating a ginormous cookie, making a bee costume...he had a great time. Then it was off to Tyler's class. He played Valentine Bingo, passed out his Valentine cards and treats, and then received a massive amount of goodies. Brownies, cupcakes, candy, cookies...so many tasty things (which were very hard for me not to indulge in...but I didn't!) We topped it off by watching a Charlie Brown video on inventions.

Saturday we were able to attend a Valentine party at our new friends home. We met them through attending Family Night regularly at Chick-fil-a. It was great to be there and the kids had a blast. They loved their play room, making candy necklaces and frosting cookies and mini cupcakes was definitely a plus! They also watched Charlie Brown's Valentines Day. (I see a Chuck trend...)

Sunday, which was actually Valentines Day, we went mini golfing with the kids for the first time. We laid out treats on their spots at the dinner table, and cards from their Grandma's and they were so excited to see it all there. They really enjoyed golfing which I'm thankful for since it was pretty hard for Craig and I to do with 4 little ones. Not stroller accessible, and we kept getting huge crowds behind us. Zachary did get a hole in one though! We topped the day off with dinner at Chipotle which always makes Daddy and Mommy happy! Mmm mmm!









2 comments:

Shirley Casey said...

Wow! I can't believe how big Lexie has gotten! They DO grow fast! She is an absolute doll. Oh how I remember the days of Wyatt screaming the entire car ride because he couldn't see us. He still gets a little upset after his sister leaves his side every morning to go to school, but not like it used to be. It is so sweet how they love their siblings. What a sweet bond. It melts my heart! Glad to see that you are all doing well.

Susie said...

Ok, I feel caught up now. :) Sounds like a great V-day weekend! I can't believe you took all the kids golfing. You guys are brave, but what a fun family activity. Love and hugs to all!