Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Weight Loss Check In

So I didn't check in here last week...and nobody asked me about it!;0) Not even sure anyone reads this too regularly anyway. BUT, the reason I didn't check in was because weigh in was cancelled. Why? Because of RAIN! Seriously and that was just day one of five straight days of down pour. Of all the things to cancel it for...I was really disappointed! Knowing how everyone is doing, how I'm doing really helps get through the next week. So I went yesterday. The scale for this weigh in has been about 2 pounds different then my home scale. Yesterday it was over 3 pounds different. I was so disappointed to see that number. I lost 2.8. I expected more. To see higher numbers on the scale is not good for the mental morale you know?

On a side note, I joined another competition through the kids school right after I had joined this one. It is only for 9 weeks and started one week after the other. There are only 10 of us compared to the 34 in the other competition. When I went to weigh in this morning, they confirmed that I had lost 4 1/2 pounds the past 2 weeks. It made me feel better to know that weight really was off and that my scale wasn't broken!

So, overall, I know I am doing well. I have not gone off track at all. I have been pushing myself to exercise. I am doing sit ups although have been battling a very stiff neck and think that may be the culprit. I can't even move it today. But on a happy note I at least did 125 sit ups last night!;0) My pants are a lot loser and I feel a lot better!

2 comments:

Traci said...

You can't let her scale determine your success. If it makes you feel any better, her scale was 4 pounds over what mine said. It is so inconsistant. Anywhere between 2-5 pounds up from my scale. And my scale doesn't give me a bunch of numbers. It gives me one. So, what I do is keep track of both scales each week to see what they both are. It's probably best mentally to go by your own scale anyway, since that's the one you're stuck with after the competition ends. You're doing great! Just remember that as long as that scale is moving down, it's moving in the right direction. You can do it!!

Jessica Fletcher-Fierro said...

I'm reading! And good for you! :)