Monday, August 10, 2009

The BIG day...but not THAT one!

Today was the Big Day ...the first day of school for both Tyler and Zachary! Tyler entered into Second grade and Zachary began Kindergarten. I can not say how absolutely relieved I am to have gotten through this morning!! I have been so worried I would miss seeing them off and staying with Zachary in his class. I had visions of him being the only child without a parent with him on his first day. But thank God all went well! The boys woke up super excited about the day! Tyler was elated that his brother would be going to school with him. Zachary was elated just to be going to school...so cute to see them so happy! We all went to drop them off together and then I stayed for Zachary's first morning. Mrs. James read a story, the kids went to play on the playground and she went through a packet of information and then the kids went around to 4 different centers to complete activities. And that was it. The day ended almost two hours early! Tomorrow he will go and start his normal routine without Mommy. I know he will be fine...and hopefully I will be too!

Before we left we saw Tyler outside for his snack time. It was fun to check in with him and see how his day was going. He was really excited, said he liked his teacher and was eager to get to the playground.

Looks like we are off to a good start with both boys!












3 comments:

Traci said...

How cute! Zachary looks so old in those pictures. Did he have to bring stuff to school in his backpack? He must have been excited to get his own.

Jessica Fletcher-Fierro said...

heidi, your boys are so cute!

Susie said...

So glad it went well! I love the pictures. They're so grown up!!! Love ya!