Sunday, August 23, 2009

Alexis Joy

In the late night of August 18th, our lives were again changed forever. At 11:18 sweet baby girl, Alexis Joy, entered the world and instantly into our hearts. I have been wanting to write her birth story but that will have to come later. For now I just wanted to share the excitement we are still feeling that she is here at last! She is almost 5 days old and it feels hard to believe it's already been 5 days since we met her yet at the same time already feels like we have known her forever! She is an amazing, beautiful little girl. To say we are smitten with her isn't quite strong enough. She has such a gentle spirit. Coming into this world shook her up but she was happy to be comforted by mommy and daddy and has been ever since. She loves to feel our warmth. To hear our voices soothing her. She sleeps well and is happiest when snuggling up with one of us. It has been a challenge learning to feed together. She was born with a hoover vacuum suck but needs to learn to open wider. As a result mommy has quite the "owie" and feedings are taking most of the day. But when we are finished, is one of my favorite times. She is so content and lays passed out warmly on my chest. I could sit there forever in those moments. Smelling her. Staring at her. Just completely taking in her beauty. I am so unbelievably thankful for my sweet baby girl. I find myself getting overwhelmed that she's really here, that I really have a daughter. That my family is finally complete. That I know how quickly this time will pass and it makes my heart ache.

These days are so precious. I am trying to take in every minute even in my exhausted fog. My boys are loving on their sister every chance they get and we are all just in a wonderful period of time. I thank God for my family, He does great and mighty things!











5 comments:

Susie said...

Soooo precious! I LOVE the family pic! :) Hugs to all!!!

Shirley Casey said...

YAY! Pictures!!! :O) She is so beautiful! Love those bright red full lips! The boys are too cute with their new sister. I love all the pics. Keep them coming! Congratulations again. So glad you are enjoying this time with her.

Hillary said...

So sweet! I love all the pics on FB and here too! She is beautiful. I can't wait to see her again. I love the pic of the boys and her. They look like such great big brothers already! Love you guys. Let me know if there is anything you need.

natalie said...

oh i've been waiting to hear! she looks like a shoemaker, just a girl version! good for you mama. keep up the good work. sophia comes tomorrow...crazy!

Bev said...

Such a beautiful family. Glad she is a good baby for you. Love espressions on boy's faces. Lots of love to you all.