Friday, June 05, 2009

28 Weeks and Counting...

This Wednesday marked 28 weeks into this pregnancy. I am now officially in the 3rd trimester. Some books say that begins the 27th week, others say the 28th. Whatever the case, we are now a few days into week 29...which is getting closer to 30...which feels a little closer to the end. Can you tell I'm counting down?

This pregnancy has just been all around hard on me. None of them have been easy but number four is taking me for a very bumpy ride. I don't know if it's being 3 years older then last time, now being in my 30's, that I have 3 rambunctious boys to care for or that this is the FOURTH time my body has been through this. Pretty sure it is a combination of everything! The Dr. has warned me that with this being the fourth I need to be very careful. Rest lot's. Do half of what I plan for that day were his exact words. SO hard to do! I get involved in my day and before I know it, I realize I haven't rested at all. But I don't know how much of a choice I'll have these next weeks. I've been getting cramping in my lower abs and low back after doing a lot of walking, like spending the evening at Disneyland. Last night I had that same cramping and hadn't done all that walking. I had just been on my feet all day. For Tyler's Open House, errands, etc. and just hadn't rested at all. I guess we will see how this keeps progressing!

I'm also having a hard time waiting for this little girl! I really feel like I have been pregnant for well over a year! I'm nervous to see her healthy. I'm nervous about the delivery. I feel like it's never going to end! And, I am nervous about the delivery! For those that don't know, with my first two pregnancies, my amniotic fluid vanished with no explanation. That lead to an induction with Tyler, which failed when the contractions squeezed him too hard with no fluid to cushion him. I didn't get to see Tyler again for a few hours while I was in recovery. So hard! Second time around I went to the hospital in labor, they checked the fluid level and all the fluid had disappeared, again! Thankfully I was already in labor and this time I had an amnio infusion (they put water back into me to help cushion Zachary). It was a horribly long two day labor, but he came out after two hours of pushing. And I got to hold him and stay with him. Enter Jacob. He was a week and a half early and thankfully this time I still had fluid. Labor lasted almost exactly a day this time around but Jacob had had his first bowel movement while still in me. To make it worse, he aspirated it into his lungs and had to be whisked away to the NICU right after birth. I again didn't get to see my baby for hours or know what was going on. He stayed in the NICU for a week. One of the worst weeks of my life! All of this to say, I have not had one easy, smooth delivery and I have only been able to keep 1 out of 3 of my babies with me afterwards. Not very good odds. I'm scared of what lies ahead. I'm scared that my fluid will drop and I will have to have a c-section (They will not induce labor after having a prior c-section so loss of fluid would equal emergency c-section for me). Please pray that my fluid would hold up. Please pray that I would be able to stay with my baby girl after her birth. I really appreciate any prayers!

Everyone is still so excited here though! We talk almost everyday about when she will arrive. It will be exciting to get to July and be able to say, "Next month!" I feel Lexy moving all throughout the day now, especially at night when I finally lay on my side to rest. I'm constantly nesting and doing whatever I can to get things ready and in order. I am trying to hold myself off a bit longer from packing bags for the hospital but I have already made some piles for that. Some stuff for me and the baby! I just can't wait! Only 80 or so days to go.....

26 Weeks




28 Weeks




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice your not even big. You look great.

Susie said...

You really do look great! Such a cute prego. :)

Hillary said...

Please take care of yourself... don't make me come over there to hold you down so you can get some rest! I'll do it! You know I will! :0)

Shirley Casey said...

Oh so pretty! I love prego bellies. What a beautiful gift you have. I am still praying for a smooth pregnancy and safe delivery.