Friday, May 29, 2009

FIRE!

In case you are not on Face Book, or happened to miss my status, here was the fun event for today!

So it was time to get lunch together. Craig put a tortilla into the toaster oven to heat up. Meanwhile, I was around the corner cleaning up play doh from the kids craft table. I all of a sudden hear him yelling. I was alarmed but went to finish what I was doing. Until the yelling got louder and I hear, "FIRE!!!" Seriously not what you want to hear or think you ever will! So I go running and there are huge flames coming out of the toaster oven, getting bigger by the second and Craig whacking them with a towel. He's yelling about help (panicking!) so I get under the sink, grab the fire extinguisher and give it to him. He about rips the top off to get it going and thankfully, after a good spray, that worked. Not thankfully it sprayed all over our lunches...and the entire kitchen. And then all the alarms went off. And the whole downstairs filled with smoke. The flames were so high they were licking the wood cabinets way above the toaster oven! Scary!! And who knew what a mess those things made! There was a fine powder all over the kitchen...even far away from the site of the fire. And it must hang out in the air for awhile because I will clean it up and then there will be a new layer. And needless to say our oven is "toast"! =0)

So that was our big Friday event. Can anyone top that? ;0)

3 comments:

natalie said...

you get the cake! :)

Traci said...

Oh my gosh, how scary!!!!

Jessica Fletcher-Fierro said...

Yeah, I think you win!