Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Monica


A sweet and wonderful friend lost her battle against cancer Monday night. I never believed it was going to happen...she was such an amazing woman. So incredibly strong and brave. A fighter.

The past year and a half were hard on Monica but she hardly faltered. She kept her sense of humor, witt and charm. With her blog she enchanted many who had never even met her. She had an army storming the gates of Heaven in prayer. An army of God's followers standing behind her. And now she's gone. I struggle to understand how that can be. I struggle to understand why God didn't heal her. And it's hard. I sobbed when finding out she was gone, minutes later. The past two days I have been numb. But writing this is letting it all bubble up again and I just don't know how to deal. My heart literally aches for her husband Sol and there 2 year old son Kai. It just hurts.

Monica fought until the last moments. She wanted to live. She wanted to give it all she had to stay here and raise her baby with her amazing husband. Even with the incredible pain. But she is in Heaven now and able to rest. The pain and tumors gone from her body. Now it is those left behind that are in pain. Please, take a few minutes to pray for her precious family. For Sol, Kai, her mother, father and 2 sisters Karen and Janelle and the rest. Whenever they enter your mind, please pray. Her amazing story and heart can be found here http://solandmonica.com/ . I promise you will never be the same.

We love you Monica. And we will take care of Sol and Kai for you and surround them in prayer.



4 comments:

Jenn Ledon said...

Heidi, I heard about your friend and I am saddened by the story that you wrote. I didn't know her but your story made me teary. I hope that her son and husband will carry on her memory and honor her like you did. That was awesome! As for you being numb, it is normal but find comfort in knowing that she is in a safe and better place. Although she wont be able to spend the time with her family she will always be watching over them.

Anonymous said...

Heidi, I am so sorry to about Monica. I read both your's and her site and too became teary. I truly think everyone who knew her has been blessed and she will be watching over you all. I am sorry for her families loss and the pan it has been for them. Please always remember the good times and let her son know what a wonderful, strong, beautiful and loving mother he had.
May God bless and guide you all.

Susie said...

Praying constantly. Wish so much we could be there on Saturday night.

Traci said...

Ah now you have me crying again. That was beautiful, Heidi. Thank you for writing that. I keep staring at my blog wondering when I can write something about it but I haven't been able to. She will be missed so much.