Thursday, September 04, 2008

A Reading Frenzy

While growing up, I was an avid reader. I'm not sure that is even a strong enough term to describe it. I was fully obssesed with reading...I think that is a bit better. For every holiday or birthday, anything that required gifts, I ALWAYS asked for book certificates (remember back before there were gift cards). A stack of books sitting in my room, ready for me to devour, made me giddy.

As life progressed, I somehow fell out of my love for reading. Always so busy, so tired, so now sucked in by TV that never interested me before. Never would have thought it could happen. Now don't get me wrong, I still read over those years, it just wasn't with the same intensity, the same fervor! That is until this past week. Last week I picked up a book that I had been hearing so much buzz about I just couldn't resist. The "Twilight" series has re-awakened that love for me. Over the course of the last week I completed the first, nearly 500 pages and am over 400 pages into the next. Craig keeps smiling at me as he checks my thick book to see how much further I've gotten in the past few hours. I think I have thrown him off with my frenzy. He's always heard about my love, but never seen it like this. Nice to know there are still surprises ten years later.

Time to go read some more!=0)

1 comment:

Traci said...

How awesome, Heidi. I'm so glad you like it. I'm so obsessed. I'm going to go nuts not knowing what happens next after I finish the last one. I'm sure we can all speculate together. :)