Wednesday, September 24, 2008

An Attempt for the Positive

In an attempt to fight the growing fear about tomorrow and my long recovery ahead, I thought I would try and think about the "positives" of one breaking and dislocating their foot!

1. No waiting in lines at Disneyland and I get my friends and family in front as well! Now we may actually get to go on the new "Toy Story" ride at DCA!

2. I get to see how many wonderful and caring friends and family I have.

3. I am going to have some pretty buff arms at the end of all this and ONE buff leg! (literally one....not excited about what the other one is going to look like...but this is supposed to be positive, right?)

4. I may finally lose those 10+ pounds I've been struggling with...those crutches are beastly!

5. Getting to hear my sweet boys pray for my healing. And hear Zachary talk about my using "stitches" to walk.=0)

6. I'll probably get more reading done in the next few months.

7. When I get tired I'll have a wheelchair to ride in...I've always joked about wishing I could ride in the stroller after a long night at Disneyland!

Well, that was my attempt. I should probably go and try to lay down now. That's usually when the full fledged panic sets in. When all the thoughts coming tumbling in with the silence. I just pray that God gives me rest, that sleep would come quickly and that this time tomorrow would be here before I know it. Thank you again for your prayers they helped me get through this day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying, praying, praying for you!!! Way to look at the positive side. I love that Zachary calls crutches "stitches". I hope you're documenting all of this for your scrapbook. Hang in there and before you know it, the day will be over. And soon enough I'll be out to bring joy and cheer! Yay!!! Love you lots! *BIG HUGS*

Anonymous said...

You forgot to put finally getting to eat after surgery and the battle scar you get to have when it's all said and done.