Friday, March 04, 2011

On the Road Again...

So this week I have started running again. It had been over 5 months since my last time out. This winter I have gained some weight back and I'm hoping to pound some of that off on the pavement. I've been frustrated at the constant diligence it takes to keep the scale from creeping upwards and I am noticing it's getting harder and harder. I think it's one of my first clear signs of "aging" along with a few gray hairs! So today was my third run this week and I was able to get up to 1.8 miles which I was happy with after such a long break. The furthest I have run to date is 3.3 miles and the most times in a month is 8. My goal this month is to run at least 9times and to lose at least 5 pounds. Those reading, feel free to help keep me motivated and accountable! (Who is reading these days??? Roll call!! ;0) )

3 comments:

Susie said...

I do, I do! :) And way to go with the running. While you’re out here I’ll be driving right beside you, cheering you on. ;)

Melinda said...

I always read your blogs - read this one right away just didn't comment. I love the updates! Good job with the running! Hope your knees/shins feel better! I get terrible shin splints sometimes in the cold weather. They are awful! And I love Susie's comment above! :)

Heidi said...

Aww thanks girls!! Just knowing you are both reading makes it worth it!;0) Thanks for chiming in!