Thursday, May 06, 2010

Zachary is 6!


Yesterday my Zachary turned six years old. I always tell people, "He's my Cinco De Mayo baby". While getting his birthday button yesterday at Disneyland, I was once again saying that to a cast member. Zachary was nodding along but then for the first time in 6 years looked up and said, "Wait. What does that mean exactly?" Hilarious! That's our Zachey James. Full of funny things to say, many which are way beyond his years. He is my baby that walked the day he turned 10 months old. Who often tells us he thinks we are going the wrong way or that he knows better. Yesterday he woke up and came to cuddle with me. We were talking about when he was born and he was saying how he didn't want to come out. (We have told him his birth story many times which includes the fact that he took two days of labor and 2 hours of pushing to get out...) He thought for a minute after saying that and then came up with, "Maybe I was just trying to find another way out!!"

Our "Zoo Bear" is a unique one. We used to say he doesn't much care what others think. And this still holds true in many instances. But lately he has become much more sensitive. He has always been super aware of what's going on around him. Picking up on things you are trying to get past him, knowing just the right moment to start listening in. So I think this awareness is making him more sensitive. He will go from not caring that you are upset to crumbling because he all of a sudden realizes that he has really upset us. He is nurturing and gets really concerned if one of us are hurt. These past few weeks he has been sick on and off. Last week I joined him and was sick with a cold/flu something or other. He was so sweet and kept asking how I felt, if I was still sick. Such a sweetie!

Zachary has many loves that include Star Wars, Spiderman, video games, drawing, Souplantation, his family (especially his baby sister), riding his bike and scooter, going to Disneyland and Sea World, water animals, waffles, yogurt (especially vanilla) treats, using a fan to sleep, Olive Garden, Taco Bell, Sonic, his green blanket, giving huge hugs, making "books"...the list goes on. He is one that will often say he doesn't want to grow up. He dearly wanted a baby sister and couldn't have been more excited to find out he had one on the way. He is a sweet, funny, witty, loving, smart, cunning, artistic, energetic, clever, and happy little boy. We thank God for who he is, and who he will grow up to be!

I love you Zachey, and I always will!































No comments: