Thursday, May 06, 2010

First 5k!!!

This morning I ran my first 5k! I have been working up to this for over a month now. Starting with 1.3, working up to 2 mile runs and then two days ago I tried 2.3. This morning about half way through my run I decided to go for it. The sun had fully come out and it was pretty miserable...but I DID IT!! In about 12 runs I worked my way up to 3.1 miles! I was pretty happy with my time of 32 minutes and 27 seconds which averaged out to about 10 minutes 27 seconds a mile. I feel happy to have accomplished something like this and am proud of myself for pushing myself to go further. I tell ya, watching Biggest Loser is such a huge motivator. I constantly think, "A much bigger person then I can run 5 miles, I can do this!" Or, "Jillian would so be yelling at me to go faster right now...I need to speed up!" I love that show!!

And I will keep hitting the pavement and pushing myself further!

1 comment:

Traci said...

I think those things to myself all the time too. I keep picturing those people doing more than I am and try to kick it up a notch. It's amazing what we can do when we try. And you didn't think you were a runner. You had it in you. Great job!