Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Alexis at 8 months



Baby girl turned 8 months Sunday night. Going. Too. Fast!!! She is so much fun, so adorable and so sweet we don't want her to "stop being a baby" as the boys would say. She is full of smiles, babbles and funny noises. Here's Lex in a nutshell at 8 months old.

*I was able to drop her late night feeding this month. Was feeding her before we went to sleep to help her get through the night. She now eats around 8-8:30 and sleeps through the night! Hurray! She still occasionally wakes up a few times and just needs her paci to get back to sleep. She wakes up at different times in the morning and depending on when that is, will sometimes going back to sleep after eating.

*She is nursing 5 times a day, eating solids twice. Trying to fit that 3rd feeding in and drop one of her nursing times. She is enjoying her baby food much more now.

*Just last week she cut her very first tooth!! You can't really see it but during one of my times checking her gums, I felt that tiny sharp point on the bottom right side. It took so long to show up and I'm still sad about it. Just another sign that our baby is getting bigger! (Plus mommy is not fond of babies with teeth...well my babies anyway...because I am not fond of being bit with said teeth!)

*She is getting around the house now. She's not really crawling...more like rolling, flopping, flipping and scooting around! She gets up on all fours, moves forward a bit and then falls over. We will find her stuck under a chair or grabbing a cord...she's really going to keep us on our toes!

*She LOVES playing with toys! The Weeble house we have is a favorite. She has a toy bin near my computer and she likes to get over to it, pull up on her knees and go through it trying to pull out what she can. It's so cute and she looks so tiny next to the big bin!

*She loves eating her Gerber puffs and has learned to pick them up and sometimes get them in her mouth! I often find them stuck all over her high chair, hands, and clothes instead of in her mouth! She has also been learning to drink water out of a sippy cup. Still learning!

*She still needs to be swaddled. Crazy I know. She wins the prize for needing to be swaddled the longest...out of anyone we know! Maybe next month we will be able to report that has changed!

*Still spitting up a lot and on medication. Thought that was supposed to be getting better. Can't wait until it does!

*Still uses her 3-6 month sleepers and onsies! My little shorty! I'm happy with that though because her clothes are lasting longer!

We are holding onto every minute with our little Joy! We are so proud of her and love showing her to the world! We usually don't go anywhere without someone noticing her and commenting on how sweet she is. Last night at Chick-fil-a a woman must have been watching her and when I walked by said, "I just want to take her and hold her for hours!" Another day a woman walked in and just started fawning all over her, touching her, even kissing her head. Very sweet but made us a little nervous to have a stranger love on her that much. She just draws everyone in! She sure has all of us smitten!







Look at how happy she is with her brothers!




















3 comments:

natalie said...

she is so cute! loved seeing pictures of her!

Susie said...

Such a fun age! Can't wait until she and Bella can play together. They would have so much fun. And that strawberry dress is by far my favorite. She looks so grown up in it!

Shirley Casey said...

8 months!!!! I can't believe it! She is just so darn cute! All your kiddos are cute for that matter. I hope that you are doing well. Way to go on the 5K! I am envious b/c I am SO out of shape. I just am having quite the time getting back into it since having Wyatt. Ugh!