Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Weight Loss...Akkk!

At over 9 weeks into this weight loss competition, I am SO READY TO BE DONE!!!!! I am really happy with my progress, and have done better then I had even hoped. At this point I have now lost 24 pounds even and am in second place!! Hurray! In the school competition I have been in first place nearly the entire time. Next week is the end of that one, but I have to weigh in 4 days early since we will be out of town. So bummed!

And I am frustrated, tired of scales, tired of watching everything that goes into my mouth, tired of my life centering around weight...just tired! I'm tired of all the scales being different everywhere I weigh in and literally never knowing what to expect each week. I'm tired of being frustrated that no matter how hard I try, I can't get to first place. I have been able to stay so consistent the entire 9 weeks. Never losing less then a pound and a half every week. I have not cheated at all. And yet it's not good enough. There are so many times I wanted to eat something, or a lot of something, but I knew it would only hurt me. Even if no one else saw, I knew. So I didn't do it. I have also pushed myself to work out more. I enjoy using the Wii Fit because I don't completely despise it and I like how it keeps track of all my records. Last week I pushed myself to do the Island Lap 3 times in a row which meant running for over 40 minutes. It's been good to see the progress and to continue breaking my own records!

Now that I am so close to goal, it gets even harder to push the weight off. Nursing the baby adds another hurdle as I can't be stupid and starve myself for the babies sake. And my body reeeallly wants to hold onto the last ten pounds that usually does not come off until I'm done nursing. So adds more frustration. And days where I am a mess from stress, fatigue and not enough food. I'm thankful for my husband who understands how I am feeling and has been such a HUGE support to me through all of this! Listening to me talk and helping me through it...your awesome Craig!

At this point, I am itching for April when this is all over. I should be at goal by then and will just have to work at maintaining all of my hard work. I do not want to gain any of it back and that in itself will take some hard work. Oh the yummy things I want to eat....but all in moderation of course! ;0)

5 comments:

Craig Shoemaker said...

You have done such a great job, Peachy! I really am so proud of you :)

Crystal said...

I would really like to have even a tenth of your willpower and motivation. I hope you're really, really proud of yourself--you should be! =)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bev said...

So proud of you Heidi, doing good.