Monday, March 15, 2010

Adventures in Vegas

I am sitting in a dark hotel room. I hear the shuffling of sheets and the occasional whisper of a child who is supposed to be napping. Currently 1 out of 4 are sleeping and I'm hoping that count is about to go up.

We are here for yet another of Craig's conferences. It's a great deal as the gas to get here, and the room, are paid for by his company. Since Vegas is within driving distance we usually try and come with him. Ironically the kids LOVE coming! There really are a lot of things to do here with them. This visit we are staying at the Mandalay Bay for the first time. I have always wanted to stay here because I knew they had an awesome pool area. We made it down to the beach area this morning and it was better then I thought! The beach part has sand, a huge wave pool, and a huge children's wading area that the waves roll into. The boys played without stopping for nearly an hour and a half. I finally had to call them out. Alexis wore her very first bathing suit and looked absolutley adorable! I sat her in the water with me for a bit and she did well with it. There are other pool areas (and spas!) that we will have to check out as well.

The view from our room is amazing. I will have to try and get a picture. We have an unobstructed view where we can see the entire pool areas, beyond that is the airport runway where we can see airplanes and helicopters coming and going...so awesome! At night we can see tons of lights that go on forever...it's a great room.

Tonight Craig has a dinner after the conference and then a party after that. So bummed! Today is going to be the hardest. He is going to come back in between all of that to help us navigate through the maze that is Vegas so we can get a quick bite to eat though. Whew! Last night we walked around "The Miracle Mile" mall, ate dinner and watched it "rain" inside. I ate a very yummy Chinese Chicken Salad. I really wanted a burger but that actually really ended up hitting the spot!

It's always weird stepping out of "normal" life but it's refreshing too. Getting away from the routine of life every now and then is really helpful. I'm missing weigh in today though which I'm bummed about. Two weeks left as of today. We have a cooler with us and lot's of food to help me stay on track while we are here. When the kids wake up I plan on doing my pilates video as well.

Looks like the baby is still asleep and Jacob is as well. Yay those are the two that really needed a good nap! Thankfully everyone did really well sleeping last night despite all 6 of us sharing a room AND the darn time change! We will see what tonight brings!

1 comment:

Shirley Casey said...

So fun! Isn't Vegas in-sane?!?! It's nice that your are able to go along with Craig. Daniel and I are going to go to Vegas in April on our first extended trip together since having kids. We are going to be gone for 4 whole nights! I can't wait.