Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Good Bye 20's.....

I am still trying to come to terms with the fact that I am....30. Don't really like saying it. Never thought I would have a problem with it but the fact of the matter is... it's WEIRD!! I don't really know how I got here. I think back on so many different people saying they are getting older but they don't feel 30,50, 60whatever. Physically yes, but in their heads they are still "younger". And a big part of my having a hard time grasping my 20's are no more is that I look like I'm 19. I get many eye rolls when I talk about that but it kind of messes with your head! When you have people come to the front door and ask if your parent's are home....yeah that's kind of weird. I wish I could say I still felt that young though. My 20's were pretty much made up of child birth. My first pregnancy began at 22 and I had my first baby at 23. Then nursing for a year and then pregnant again by 24 and so on. And capping it all off with another one at 29! All of these tough pregnancy's have taken a toll on my body and I just feel...old! So see the confusion?? Look young, feel old...not sure where the time has gone in the sleep deprived haze. But I have built my family in my 20's. What I look forward to most in my 30's is seeing my family grow. To meeting my baby girl! To letting my body heal and move on from childbirth! It will be interesting to see what comes with the next 10 years besides more wrinkles!=0)

To celebrate the occasion we had a get together at our house. Craig was an awesome husband and put together a group gift for me of a lap top! So fun! It was nice having my friends and family around me...not too big so it was pretty relaxing. It made me realize even more how many of my friends and family have moved away and that makes me sad. Craig put together a montage of recordings from family and friends that was super special!!! I so enjoyed hearing the voices of those who had moved away or could not be there! Thank you to everyone who recorded a message. It's something I will treasure forever!

Here are some pictures from that night!




We played Guitar Hero World Tour! So fun and we actually got some new participants! Thanks for trying it out Mom, Robert and Melinda!








My mom brought a pinata. The kids had fun with it and I even got to take a few hits and finish it off!








5 comments:

Jessica Fletcher-Fierro said...

Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

My 20's are gone too and it's ok with me. I too look younger and get asked who is older between myself and my younger sister. But I feel old aslwell. What I can say is that we want to look younger most woman can't say they do. Imbrase the 30's and make them the time of your life's. What I can say is that 20's is the she is still too young stage but 30 gets a whole other look from people and if we can do it with people thinksing we still look like babies good for us.
I look at my 30's as a time to enjoy my family and to still be young enough with them to play and take trips. The things you can never get back and why do that in your later 30's. We started early but will also finish early so that we can than spend much of our young 40's just with our husbands and I think this is wonderful to welcome the 30's with open arms and say goodbye to the 20's with not something we lost but with growth and a new view on life.

Anonymous said...

Oh sorry I ment to put
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Traci said...

Great pictures. Too bad we couldn't come this time. Looks like fun! Don't worry, eventually you get over being 30.

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can reveal that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is still a definitely as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with efflux of this request www.google.com/ie?as_q=windows xp usb stick ?
I noticed the axiom you procure not used. Or you use the black methods of helping of the resource. I have a week and do necheg