Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It's a GIRL!!!!!!!

WOW!!! I never thought I would be able to say that! I have wanted to for so long and thought it would be a dream unanswered! With Jacob being our last, I thought I would always be left to wonder what our daughter would have looked like, what it would have been like to hear, "It's a Girl"! Well here's the story on how we finally heard those words!!

On Sunday night, very spur of the moment, we decided to make an appointment with a local Ultrasound office. We wanted the boys to be a part of the "finding out" process but didn't want to try and shove them into a small tech room at the Dr's office. The techs there are often so clinical and focused on measurements that finding out the sex is just thrown out there. We wanted it to be special for our family and not as stressful. So, the place I found had a 100" screen mounted on the wall, a huge room, and an extra TV screen as well as the computer monitor. There were soft couches for guests, and lot's of room for the boys to run around and look at all the screens. The tech immediately went "down south" and said she could tell right away but wanted to make sure before she told us. Then she smiled big and said, "You are having a baby GIRL!!!" as soon as those words left her mouth I burst into tears! Uncontrollable, tears! The boys heard her (and me repeating "A girl? It's a girl!?! through my sobs!)and screamed, jumped and ran around the room! Such an amazing moment! Throughout the 10 minute ultrasound the tech repeatedly checked, re-checked and checked again to make sure she was right. She printed us two girl shots out of the 10 photos. And we have a DVD of our time there! What an experience!

So that appointment was Monday night. We hadn't told anyone we were going. I was able to call my mom right after and completely surprised her! It was the best to share our special news and hear her shriek...I had never heard her sound that happy and excited before. Sharing the news has been so much fun as those close to us know how very much this means to our family! And Zachary, who has begged me for a little girl since we told him I was pregnant, couldn't be happier! I had told him that Mommy couldn't decide if it was a girl or a boy and that was God's job. Today I was talking to him about how thankful we should be to God for answering our prayers and our hearts desire. He certainly knows what is best and His timing was perfect. Now this little girl has a family of five eagerly awaiting her arrival and whole bunch of family and friends eager to meet her as well!

And of course I wouldn't be me if I didn't immediately start to worry more! After not sleeping at all Monday night(way too excited), I had a tough Tuesday. I felt much sicker and worn down. Doubt started to creep in that maybe it wasn't really a girl (even though she really did check at least 6 times!). I worry that something will happen to the baby before she (SHE!!!) is born. I'm worried that I still feel so sick, it is hindering my eating and therefore gaining. I will be 17 weeks tomorrow and am actually still losing. That scares me! So if you get the chance, please pray for me I would really appreciate it! I have a Dr's appointment next week and our clinical ultrasound same day.

So, I am going to post pictures from our time on Monday. Our little girl was just hanging out and at one point turned and waved to us! So amazing on that big screen! She looked perfect with her sweet little fingers and toes! And if you experienced girl moms out there would like to reassure me on the girl shots...I would appreciate your input! I said the only way I could instantly tell was from the lack of boy parts hanging out that I'm used to seeing!

I'm so excited to share this with all of you!

It's a GIRL!!!




Sweet Girl!




Amazing 3d shots!






My favorite! She's just so complete! The umbilical cord is amazing!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY WORD HEIDI!!!! I am so excited for you and the family! I know you have been wanting a baby girl and now your prayers have been answered!!! I cant wait to meet her. I am sure that you have names picked out??? Since you have been wanting her for a while?!?!? Keep me posted and please let me know if you need anything!!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! How exciting... I just knew it. Call it intuition or just faith either way I am so excited for you and can't wait to meet HER! She is certainly going to be one loved little girl!

Congratulations!

Jonalyn Fincher said...

HOW EXCITING!!!!
I'm so thrilled for you guys :)

The Nadeau Family said...

Third time is not a charm! In your case the fourth time is! Congratulations to you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Heidi I'm so excited for you!! I told you she was going to be a GIRL! Seeing the pictures that you have posted on your site made me start to tear up! God wouldn't surprise you with this pregnancy with out having some kind of plan up his sleeves. With three girls under my belt, and lots of ultrasounds, it is my 'professional' opinion that your little one is defiantly a girl! I'll send the one's I have of the girls this weekend so you can compare. AAAHHH I'm so excited for you!!!

itsmepollyb said...

Congrats! A dream come true...so many frilly pink things!

Anonymous said...

yeah!! congrats. i see the tell tale 3 lines, so she is a girl! =) here's to lots of pink, frills & glitter! =)

Jessica Fletcher-Fierro said...

YAY! Congrats on the little girl! I will be praying for you throughout the months to come!

Anonymous said...

OMG... to hear that, I so know how you feel. Again I was sick with this little girl up until I was 30 weeks and lost 28 lbs. I was only sick with Tyler for the first 3 months so I just figured that girls take everything out of you. Keep your head up. I too have now had 4 ultrasounds ( 6 weeks, 20 weeks, 29 weeks and 33 weeks) each time making sure she was a she. I have heard of stories and it scared me. Good luck to you and it's a blessing from God enjoy it. It just might be a good thing you did not keep all the boys stuff cause now you will have to get all those girly things that are so fun to shop for.

Traci said...

How exciting, Heidi! Your dream coming true. The ultrasounds are great! I can see the little lines too. Looks like the ones we have for both of our girls.

alanmcs said...

HEIDI! unbelievable! i am so happy for you! i wish i could give you a great big hug right now!

as the mother of four girls, (though we only found out with two of them) i can say that it looks like a girl to me. the three little lines.

i will be praying for you that you will make it through these next few weeks. may the anticaipation of you holding your baby girl help you make it through the weeks and months. it will be so worth it! this is a gift from God to your whole family. she will be one loved on little girl!

Anonymous said...

Our girly shot wasn't that clear, but that, my friend, is definitely a girl. I'm sooooooooooooo happy for you and can't wait to see her. And just my opinion but in those 3D pics I think she looks like Ty. :) Love you!

Anonymous said...

Heidi!!! We are rejoicing with you! How wonderful it must feel to have your prayers and the desires of your heart fulfilled. We are so excited for you guys and how sweet was it that Zach wanted a girl too! :) Don't worry about those things that are out of your control. It will make your health worse! Stress can hurt you! Just pray, pray, pray when you get scared or worried! God loves you girl and He will hear your prayers! We couldn't be happier for you! Love you guys!

Shirley Casey said...

Congratulations!!! I am just so excited for you guys! What a blessing! I will be praying for a safe pregnancy and healthy little GIRL! :O) I would definitely say those are girl parts. I have seen both on ultrasound and I think there is no mistaking the difference. It looks like you got some good shots. YAY! Can't wait to hear more as time goes by on baby girl Shoemaker.