Monday, November 17, 2008

What's That?

Jacob has developed a habit over the past few months. Actually, I'm not sure habit is the right word. More like a skill or a sixth sense. Whenever there is food around, preferably snack foods or treats, he knows. No matter how quiet and careful I try to be he always knows. If I try to unwrap something, even if he his fully engaged in something else I suddenly hear, "Was dat?" and see those eyes staring at me. If there is a hint of a crinkle from a cracker box I am sure to hear, "Was dat?" This morning I went downstairs to indulge in some leftover donut pieces from church. Jacob was upstairs mind you. Silly me thought I was going to get away with it until I heard it. "Was dat? Jakey share donut?" Man, that boy is crafty!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, now that's funny! He must have a really good sense of smell. Someday you'll have to figure out how to channel that in a productive way. ;)

Craig Shoemaker said...

Another cute (or perhaps unnerving) part to the story is that he'll try to pry open your mouth to see what you are eating if your answer to "Was dat?" is unsatisfactory to him! :)

Traci said...

That's hilarious. And you didn't get away with your chip on Saturday either. lol