Sunday, April 06, 2008

Sick with the Flu...but blessed!

It is no fun being sick...especially with the stomach flu! I was hit with the nasty bug Friday night and it had me down all day yesterday. I despise being so sick I have to lay down. I fight it with all I can until I just can't fight anymore.

Yesterday, we were set for a fun-filled day to Legoland with some of our friends and I was still planning to go. Even though I had emptied my stomach that morning...and it still held the contents of dinner from the night before (I'm sure that is far too much info for you!) I figured I must of ate something bad and I just didn't want to pass on our fun day. Craig, my sweetheart, gets so upset at me when I won't stop, slow down and take care of myself. He was pleading with me to stay home. Finally, I agreed. We don't always know what is best for ourselves and I truly value having Craig to help me see the error of my ways!=0) It makes me grateful to have that other half, the one that knows me so well and cares about me so much.

So instead of running around the colorful land of Legos, I spent most of the day on our couch dozing in and out of sleep. Dealing with wrenching stomach cramps but also just enjoying the peace of knowing I was where I should be. And taking comfort in being with my family, watching the boys run and play in our home. Seeing how much they enjoy just being together. And making our way through four episodes of Grey's Anatomy which we are watching on DVD! =0) (Thanks Melinda!!)

Even in sickness, I realize how blessed I am!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always known it must be bad if it keeps you down. I'm glad you're feeling better. :)

natalie said...

i didn't know you had a blog!!! clicked on your name through polly's...SUPER EXCITED ABOUT THIS!

Allie said...

Now we get the full story on that missed Legoland day!