Saturday, April 19, 2008

Full Speed Ahead...

I'm tired. Anyone else?? Everyday I think, " I need to write a blog" and then the thought passes and I am on to laundry, wiping a bottom, making lunch, or dinner or a snack or cleaning up after one of those meals, or returning an email or a phone call or taking Tyler to school or picking him up or taking Zachary to school in Whittier and spending half the day there or cleaning one of 3 bathrooms, the kitchen, and every other part of the house...I'm just tired!! But here I am, after a full day of house cleaning in preparation for Jacob's birthday party tomorrow, taking a minute to finally listen to the voice saying, "Slow down, take a minute to write about life, to reflect on it a bit." When I really stop and think of all there is to "do" in life I get so overwhelmed. But then I try to remind myself to slow down, and enjoy the good stuff. Just being. Being with my kids. Watching them play, playing with them. I am still trying to find that balance of getting everything done but also enjoying the time when my children are small. Has anyone figured that out yet?? Tonight I was frantically trying to fold and put away mounds of laundry before the boys went to bed. Zachary came up to me asking me to hold him. He rarely does that. I told him mommy needed to hurry and put away clothes and then I would hold him during story. He was then called away to brush his teeth and I felt guilty. I should stop. I should hold him. When I finally did, I just enjoyed smelling his sweet, clean little head. Rubbing his warm, round belly...how I love that belly! I am one that needs a constant reminder to SLOW DOWN! Life doesn't always have to be lived full speed ahead.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

who is this author and what have you done with my wife? ;)

natalie said...

oh...if you figure out the balance of spending time vs. getting things done, you better write a book...you'll make millions.

i get into bed just about every night and feel guilty for something i've done, or not done regarding the kids or the house. i find that i live my life in guilt...not a fun way to live.

i wish i had an answer...i wish i had it figured out myself. the way i've tried to combat it is to just try to live in the moment and keep my wits about me. meaning taking stock in the moment of what's really important. (i still don't do this very well.)

wow, maybe i should have sent an email....

Anonymous said...

I always wonder how you keep up on everything and make it look so easy. You're doing a great job, so keep on keepin' on! Love you! :)