Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Not little Forever....


At night we always pray with the boys. Sometimes Craig with Tyler, I with Zachary and then we switch. Tonight I was sitting with Tyler on their bedroom floor and we were cuddling. He told me that he wanted to "give me all the love!" I just love it when he gets in his lovey dovey mood...it's just the best! Then he told me he wanted to be 25. The boys talk a lot about getting older. Sometimes they say they want to stay little forever. Other times, like tonight, they say they want to be older (mostly to get a reaction from me!). So I told him I absolutely didn't want him to be 25 because then I couldn't hold him in my lap, kiss his sweet soft skin and smell his freshly washed hair. He said, "But Mommy I have to grow up sometime!" Man, it's true. I know it's going to happen but I wish it didn't have to!! So I will cherish every minute that I have with them as "babies". As my sweet, innocent little boys. When I'm frustrated with day to day things, I'll remind myself...they won't stay little forever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is getting so grown up already. Just think of it this way...when Ty is 25 you might just be a grandma and have his sweet little babies to love on. The cycle will just continue. :)

julie martin said...

hi heidi! thanks for commenting on my blog a while ago, i have taken a blogging break, but hope to be back at it. it is so good to see pictures of you with your boys! i remember seeing you while you were pregnant with your last. you were so sick and miserable. but you did it! and look at your beautiful family! you and craig are doing a great job with your boys, i could tell just by being with them for a few hours. enjoy them while they're little. our oldest just turned 20!